The Keokuk Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a self-motivated and driven individual interested in working in an ever-changing work environment. The Assistant Director will need to have the ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with members, volunteers, committees, colleagues and community partners to manage multiple activities, projects, and programs. The Assistant Director will act as a liaison between members and board of director. A key responsibility is to increase membership support and involvement through implementation of the following strategic directions;
- Connecting and promoting the Keokuk Area
- Revitalizing the workforce ecosystem
- Catalyzing community investment.
- Provide direction and management oversight of the Chamber Board of Directors.
- Provide direction and management of Chamber committees and volunteers in order to recruit and retain Chamber members through more engagement and active involvement in Chamber benefits and activities.
- Collaborate with community and regional partners to accomplish community and economic development goals.
- Perform clerical, administrative, and secretarial tasks consistent with maintaining a welcoming professional office environment.
- Perform light accounting tasks (monitoring and recording expenses, processing accounts payable and receivable, managing petty cash, etc.)
- Create and maintain accurate memberships records.
- Develop and manage annual budget, financial oversight and fund development.
- Plan, organize and execute chamber events.
- Manage and maintain updated website, e-newsletter and social media accounts.
- Other job duties as assigned by the Chamber Executive Director.
The ideal candidate for Chamber Assistant Director should also enjoy:
- establishing and maintaining relationships with community leaders, influencers, and strategic partners
- continually updating knowledge by participating in traditional and nontraditional educational and professional development opportunities
- actively looking for opportunities to improve processes and sharing these ideas with the Executive Director
- taking a hands-on approach to projects, processes, and Chamber management
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service-oriented principles
- Demonstrate sales management and marketing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with prospects, members, volunteers, the public, and community stakeholders
- Experience in event planning, coordinating event logistics, and maintaining event budgets
- A strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in computer technology and social media platform
- Experience working in a creative environment with several critical, overlapping projects
- Discretion to maintain sensitive or confidential information
- Ability to keep pace in a fast and ever-changing environment
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Keokuk, Iowa
Compensation: Starting between $36,000 and $42,000 (negotiable)
Work Arrangement: Flextime, some early mornings, evenings and weekends, paid holidays and PTO
Contact Person: Shelley Oltmans, Executive Director Keokuk Area Chamber of Commerce and Community Development Specialist with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach, Community and Economic Development.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-520-0209
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Date created: July 7, 2021
Closing date: July 21, 2021